Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tipping question for my wedding.?

I am getting married next month. I am spending thousands of dollars on a bunch of vendors (Catering Hall, Photographer, Videographer, DJ, Florist, etc). My Catering Hall is providing me with a Maitre'D and a Bridal Assistant for the whole day. An 18% gratuity is being automatically added to our bill for the catering hall but someone told me that that 18% only gets split between the waiters and bus boys and that I should give an EXTRA tip to the Maitre'D and Bridal Attendant (Keep in mind, the 18% gratuity on the final bill is already over $2000!) Do I have to tip them? If so how much? Also, do I have to tip the Photo, Video and DJ also?? Help!!

Tipping question for my wedding.?
It would seem to me that the Photo, Video and DJ are all self employed people so would not expect a tip as they will provide an invoice.



Regarding the maitre'd and bridal assistant, ask the catering hall ~ they will let you know how the gratuity is disbursed. You may even be able to advise how you would like it shared.



If they are not included in the gratuity divide the $2,000 by how many the catering hall tells you it is shared between, add $50 and put it in separate envelopes for the maitre'd and the bridal assistant.



If they ARE included in the gratuity, $50 in an envelope for them each would be fine. They should get a little something extra directly from you because they are performing a direct PERSONAL service for you.



Adds up, doesn't it?



Hope your day is wonderful ~ best wishes :-)
Reply:Do you have a wedding planner.



This is something I would ask her.


No comments:

Post a Comment